Monday, October 8, 2007

To withdrawl

I have chosen this side because it is still unclear why exactly we invaded Iraq in the first place. Bin Laden was located in Afghanistan, not Iraq, and Iraq did not possess any nuclear weapons. My strongest arguments will be, the history of democracy in Iraq, the thirst for oil, and the mentality of the Mesopotamian area. I intend to convince my readers to agree with my point of view by providing statistics and persuasive arguments.

My concerns about arguing this particular position are primarily focused on one aspect, and that is, I don't know if I totally agree with my position. I do believe that we should no longer be in Iraq. But the problem is, there is no easy way out and we are already in too deep. The consequences of withdrawing now may be much more severe than if we don't withdraw for a few more years.

No comments: